Competitive Winter Picnicking – 2014
Sunday Jan 19, 2014 from 1-3 PM in Brooklyn, NY – register your team to bring a unique, memorable, delicious picnic to battle other teams (and the elements) to see who can have the “best” picnic!
DISCLAIMER: If you really want to win, you are trying too hard. If you don’t want to win at all, you are not trying hard enough. If you are having a great time, you are more than likely doing it right.
Due to some misunderstandings and poor communication, Krawczuk Industries is now obsessed with bringing you Competitive Winter Picnicking somewhere in Brooklyn on Sunday Jan 19, 2014 from 1-3 PM.
Competitive Winter Picnicking was an idea that, over a serious of confusing text messages and phone calls, sort of sprang to life all on its own – a sort of “exquisite corpse” of confusion. This is an idea that will not be denied.
If you would like to participate, please register your team here: click here!
When is it?:
– Sunday Jan 19, 2014 from 1-3 PM – obviously, regardless of weather.
Where will it be?:
– At a really big park in Brooklyn. Exact location to those who register. (If you look at a map, prospects are good that you’ll figure it out.)
How do you compete?:
- You bring a picnic. Something that is unique, memorable, delicious, and that you can enjoy for 2 hours in what we can only assume will be challenging weather.
- Judges will circulate among the registered picnics, and award prizes at the end of the event.
- Bribes/sampling/swaying of the judges is encouraged. (Yes, the main reason we are doing this is to raid your picnic basket. Duh.)
- If you are having a great time, you are more than likely doing it right.
- All park rules must be followed, especially since we got a park permit to do this.
- Teams can be as small or as large as you like, but 2-8 people seems to be a good size. This is an all ages event.
- No complaining though.
- Additional boring details will be sent to those who register.
Will there be prizes?
- There will be A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF PRIZES. There will be at least 10% more prize categories than there are teams.
- KRAWCZUK INDUSTRIES will be sponsoring the top 3 prizes:
> BEST IN SHOW – $39.00, a cake and most of a bottle of whiskey.
> WINNER – $27.50 and a trophy
> FIRST PLACE – $27 and a blue ribbon
In addition, there will be several other prizes that will be awarded certficates. A few notes:
- A complete list of awards will be available on this page.
Certificates will include best food, best drink, best visual display, best costumes, largest amount of food brought, most innovative basket, least amount of clothes worn, most valiant failed attempt, most certificates won, etc…
- Several categories will be created day of the event, because we have no idea what to expect and want to keep some options open.
- We intend to have at least 10% more awards than there are teams, because we like games where there is a lot of different ways to win. That said, this does not ensure everyone wins something as a single team can win multiple categories.
- Certificates may or may not be prized. If you would like to offer a prize for a certificate, please contact us. This offer is open to individuals, groups and companies.
What is the cost?
- If you want to register a team
– > This is free! Just register and bring your picnic!
- If you want to sponsor a certificate
Sponsor an established category or create your own! The only cost is that of the prize. (We reserve the right to decline an offer of sponsorship for whatever reason we like.) For details, please contact us.
- If you want to be an honorary judge:
There is a modest cash fee to be one of a limited panel of honorary judge. Please note that Mark Krawczuk of KRAWCZUK INDUSTRIES is the head judge and thus has 60% say in all award votes. Yes, this is a dictatorship, but all judges will get a share of bribes. So, there is that. For details, please contact us.
DISCLAIMER: If you really want to win, you are trying too hard. If you don’t want to win at all, you are not trying hard enough.