I bought pumpkins for the house. I’ll update you on progress!
– Highlights from the online classes I am taking:
- PHP: =, ==, === – all different things. = assigns something a value, == compares two variables to see if they have the same value and returns true or false, and === compares two variables to see if they have the same value and same data type and returns true or false. I don’t know why, but I really love === .
- PHP: I really don’t know when I am going to use the modulus operator (%) – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modulo_operation
- PHP: people get really bothered when you tell them you are learning PHP!
- Swift: Heh – seems you can’t download xcode if your system isn’t compatible. How do you figure this out? You try a few times to download it from the app store, and it just looks like it works. And when it doesn’t happen, you Google for the answer. I feel like a lot of the coding I will be doing will involve cutting and pasting stuff I searched for.
– Costco – great people, great prices. Terrible parking, at least at the one in downtown SF with a parking garage . So, my new rule: park on the street – so nice and easy!
– This is the best way to cook a steak:
– I went to a brunch today. I made a bunch of steak.
Yes, that is an egg being deep fried in bacon grease.
Then we put bacon, steak, egg and cheese on a doughnut.
The final product.
And, of COURSE I gave it away! No way I am eating that…
– Saw the air show today. Oddly enough, the best part for me was driving there, and having the stunts happen right over me, as the jets flew over the road I was driving down. Oh, and seeing the 747 buzz the crowd: mindblowing. As someone who lived in New York, seeing 747’s fly like that sort of triggers me a bit.
– These suits are amazing: http://www.shinesty.com/collections/suits
– “I find you lack of faith disturbing.” As disturbing as this toaster?
Or, this shower head?