July 19 – In SF, Mimosas grow on trees…
– I have this idea that I call “creative density”. It’s the idea that if you have enough creative people in an environment, there will be a bunch of chance encounters that can actually mean that some interesting art can happen.
I had one of those moments today. I’m a bit lost today. I thought I was going to be on the road. No plans. I puttered this morning, but as the house started to heat due to the mid-day sun, it was time to leave the house. I went to get a coffee, and went to the coffee house I usually don’t go to. And my friend Bryce was there. I told him of my plan to drive across town to go to a craft fair, and asked him if he wanted to go for a ride.
Bryce and I had some great conversations there, then we broke off from each other for a bit, then drove back.
That neighborhood feel, that unplanned connection, is what allows for interesting things to emerge.
– I’ve told Bryce I feel smarter for spending time with him. He is my favorite “book on tape”.
– Something I meant to blog the other day: I give people advice. I went to a friend with my troubles, and she said, “I am going to give you the advice you gave me.”
Exactly! Thank you! The one thing I can’t give myself is perspective, so I loan the advice to others. Thank you for sending it back when I am short!
– The Mimosa trees look nice!
– It looks like I WILL be at the Battle for Mau Mau.
– I feel like SF has been holding back on me: http://www.tommysjoynt.com/
– The building is closed, but I want to see it: http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/the-varney-stained-glass
– Don’t you want to hike to Radio Road? http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=518